- Type of contract: FTE or B2B
- Salary: up to 26k PLN/month on B2B
- Working model: hybrid (once/month at Kraków office)
Our client is a Chicago/Krakow -based startup that provides cognitive data collection, predictive analytics, and data management solutions to Hedge Funds, Banks, and Energy companies. The company was founded in 2018. Their innovative technology provides easy-to-use high-quality data as the basic foundational requirement for their clients’ successful data science projects and business processes. Currently, they’re building a system of intelligence.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, your main goal is to help architect, implement and maintain the core services and integrations of the SRECTrade Platform and related projects. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team. As a key hire on a growing engineering team, you’ll have a deep impact on engineering practices and culture.
You will be part of an Agile team and contribute towards team goals as a team player. You will solve engineering challenges, and build scalable, resilient, and efficient products and features. You will create APIs for internal and external clients for managing their portfolio solutions. You will be expected to adhere to best engineering practices.
What will you do:
- Program new software, web applications, and support applications under development
- Develop secure, performance-optimized, and scalable code that is tested (unit, integration, acceptance) and well-documented
- Identify, review, analyze, and create proposals for new product features, bug fixes, process efficiency improvements, and user experience refinement
- Provide timely feedback on thoroughly reviewed branches completed by your peers ahead of being released into production
- Assist, support, or lead code releases into production environments as required
- Provide guidance and administrative support to the business, especially through conversations with Product Owners and Engineering Managers
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to improve your personal and team efficiency and productivity
- Uphold, and seek to continuously improve, the coding standards for all code produced by the team
- Focus on scalability, security, performance, and the reduction of regression risks and technical debt
- Identify coding issues, educate and mentor team members
- Ensure the team is consistently operating at the highest level of efficiency
- Provide guidance and support to teammates and stakeholders as needed, identifying and implementing industry best practices with regard to technology and operational efficiency
- Coordinate with Engineering Manager, Product Owner, and teammates to organize the assignment of tasks, their execution, testing, and delivery by engineers.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience building web applications, ideally using PHP or Python
- 1+ years of Senior experience
- Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high-quality, secure systems and software products
- Product development experience, working across all stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and NoSQL databases
- Experience building and maintaining microservices
- Experience writing and consuming APIs
- Experience writing unit tests, as well as other automated tests
- Write clean, compliant, and accessible HTML/CSS/JQuery
- Experience building production applications on top of cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Understanding using DevOps tools with build and deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience with Kafka or other message/event streaming technologies
- Proven experience using data to drive decision making
- Curiosity, and drive to learn!
- Ability to fend off dragons with your mind.
- No weekly in-office work is required
- Luxmed and fully paid Multisport
- Board Games, Craft Beer, and foosball