- Position: Web Developer
- Location: Krakow
- Industry: Fintech
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be in the right place at the right time? Yup, here and now it is! It is always an exciting moment to join a team of an experienced and growth-oriented team, but now the development part of the company is in the process of establishing in Krakow and it is gonna be awesome!
We are looking for Web Developer do join a fintech US-based company – an online trading pioneer. They create tools to automate online trade execution services. Krakow will be a third development center alongside with the US and UK offices. The company have 8 offices all around the world, e.g. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney.
- You will be part of a self-contained scrum team located in Kraków to deliver new components of the trading platform that is developed in USA (East Coast), United Kingdom and Poland.
- Ideal candidates have a good understanding of web application development, financial domain, streaming etc. They should be experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
- You will participate in the entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, QA and other developers.
- We build our platform with quality in mind. You will provide Unit Tests to sustain quality and regression coverage as well as you will support QA with integration testing fixtures to support automated testing.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required
- Perform detailed requirement, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement required development guidelines, design standards and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the team’s ability to deliver quality product on time.
- Implement test and behaviour-driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Adhere to and enhance the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented Programming & Design
- 2 years of HTML, Angular, Typescripts, CSS 3.0
- Solid understanding of the full web development life cycle
- Knowledge in Teamcity, Git, BDD, TDD, browser-specific development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Participate in scrum processes like sprint planning, estimations, retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions etc. with the team.
- Willingness to test your code and write unit tests, Behavior tests, integration tests (with and without mocking).
- Ability to communicate in English on a daily basis
Good to have:
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams
- Design and build advanced app features for the web platform
- Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles
What we offer:
- Work in a startup environment full of growth-oriented people
- A team of experienced developers helping each other improve their skills
- Ability to choose the equipment you work with
- Standing desk and ergonomic chair
- Spacious and cosy office space in the heart of old Kraków
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass (Multisport)
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit
- Salary in line with the market
- Superior co-working and personal development experience