- Position: Messaging and Collaboration Engineer
- Location: Krakow
- Industry: Fintech
Fintech is another buzzword, right? As a matter of fact, few are companies who really deserve to be called a true fintech player, but our Client is definitely one of them.
Their wide range of solutions serve both companies (over 70% of FTSE companies) and individuals (25% of the UK’s population). And you know what? One of their core components will be developed in Cracow, as the company is setting up a brand new office here.
You probably would like to hear about some figures first, so let us share them with you:
– 27 000 000 clients in the UK
– 200 000 000 000 £ of payments handled
– over 1 million lines of code but work focused on developing new features (80% of the time)
– web platform visited 1 million times a day with a response time lower than 1s
The Messaging and Collaboration Engineer will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, operation and maintenance of all messaging platforms including but not limited to Azure, O365, Exchange, Skype for Business, MS Teams both on-prem and cloud to support the current and future needs of the company business.
Responsibilities include Day-to-day, Engineering, optimizations and performance managing of the infrastructure and systems give the company a competitive advantage.
You will be involved with the day to day running of the platform/ service:
- Maintaining the legacy Exchange environment including troubleshooting, performance monitoring, and optimization, capacity and continuity planning (and decommission)
- Planning, design, and implementation of new enhancements to technology solutions. Ensure company standard server technology policies are being followed by all business groups
- Planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures ensure servers and applications meet proper performance, security and capacity standards
- Develop new or maintain existing systems based on given criteria
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the End User Computing environment and related applications.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed, comprehensive documentation and diagrams
- Mentor less knowledgeable/experienced Infrastructure team members as needed
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in the area of expertise by maintaining certifications current, attending seminars or though other related activities work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure the quality of coordinated projects and business needs
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
- Assist in the DR (Disaster Recovery) planning of a multi-site infrastructure along with DR planning for local sites where IT Infrastructure equipment present
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant IT systems
- Participate in post-mortem meetings to discuss any outage occurrences, develop safeguards and, where appropriate, implement any recommended changes to avoid reoccurrence.
Key Skills required: Windows 10, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, MS Teams, Skype, Intune
- A minimum 5 years of strong technical IT infrastructure/systems experience with good experience in Windows Server technologies, with proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- 3 years of systems Messaging Systems administration either on an individual or team basis where you were responsible for the planning, developing, and/or maintaining systems hardware and software
- Advanced experience and knowledge in scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell, For Active Directory, Exchange and Skype
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, and other TCP/IP protocols and services in support of the virtualization and storage technologies.
- Continually update and maintain, where necessary, all related documentation, technical or otherwise, for new and existing systems. This is to include inventory, change control, or process functionality documentation.
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Understanding and application of ITIL principles and practices, and how they relate to the goals and objectives of the organization
- Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge and understanding in adhering to company policies and procedures, such as the use of RFCs, procurement procedures and asset tracking.
- Advanced knowledge in Windows server-based technologies including Microsoft Administration for both Microsoft Exchange, Skype, InTune
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, InTune
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Attractive salary depending on your experience
- Contract of employment or B2B (with paid vacation)
- Flexible working hours
- 1 day per week of remote work
- New, modern, bright and very comfortable office space
- The chance to make a real impact on the product and the team