- Role: ML Engineer
- Location: Warsaw
- Industry: Maritime transport
Did you know that around 90% of world trade is carried by sea? This makes maritime transport essential to the world’s economy. Unfortunately, it is also a major source of pollution. Our client’s mission is to increase operational efficiency by reducing marine fuel consumption and making vessels more eco-friendly.
At the heart of their solutions are machine learning models and algorithms- and that’s where the Machine Learning Engineer comes in. Holding this position you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving models, algorithms, and visualizations of data and analyses.
- We are looking for a machine learning engineer to help them produce models and maintain their ML platform. Main responsibilities include working with the research team and turning Jupyter notebook-based models into production-worthy code and optimization, creating microservices, and helping them design their ML platform.
- They are coding in Python and this position requires expert-level knowledge on backends and data processing. The role is not just about design – it is also about coding specific solutions. They work in Agile/Scrum, write unit and integration tests, so a good understanding of these concepts is a must. Excellent command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- The job position is within the Scrum team responsible for developing and maintaining machine learning solutions that power our products and services. The team is interdisciplinary and includes machine learning engineers and back-end and front-end developers and data scientists.
- Machine learning/data science experience in Python (NumPy, pandas, etc.)
- Python coding experience
- Experience in Python programming (3.6+), preferably in REST API microservice architecture solutions on Kubernetes
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
- Experience in Linux, Docker
- JIRA, Git
Nice to have:
- Argo framework
Required personal skills:
- Team player
- Proactive and
- Fast learner, interested in learning new technologies
- Good communication skills, able to inform colleagues clearly and concisely in English, both written and spoken
What will you get in return:
- 30 days of paid holidays
- Elastic working hours
- Free lunches & fresh fruits
- Hardware and software of your choice
- Chill room (with Xbox, Steam, foosball, etc.)
- Adjustable desks and ergonomic office chairs
- Flat organization