- Type of contract: FTE
- Working model: Hybrid (3xweek at the office in Kraków)
Our client, UK based, global innovative company in the area of utility engineering, is expanding their IT structures in a new office in Kraków. Their aim is to build 3 mobile teams working on their super smart home app which is at the forefront of IoT and customer experience. They are proud of what we have built so far, which includes an App Store and Google Play rating of 4.5 and 4.3 stars respectively. The app has more than 1 million active users worldwide and the IoT platform has over 4 million connected machines. Their huge ambition is to grow this platform and to support more machines from more categories the challenge is significant.
About the role
We are on the lookout for a Lead Test Engineer to join our mobile app team. Communication, collaboration, self-evaluation and a desire to improve are second nature to you, and you value good engineering practices. You understand the need to deliver robust, testable code balanced against the need to deliver fast.
Android: Our automated UI tests are written in Kotlin using the Espresso framework with Kakao.
iOS: Our automated UI tests are written in Swift using XCUITest.
Unit and UI tests are written as part of each story to ensure we maintain an up to date and comprehensive set of automated tests with no test debt. We complement our automated tests with exploratory testing, involving both developers and testers in order to uncover issues quickly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with your fellow engineers to contribute to features and improvements to our app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Working with colleagues from other disciplines, including developers, product owners, Scrum Masters, UX/UI designers, and software engineers in our cloud and embedded teams
- Sharing knowledge within the app team to develop your skills and competencies and those of your teammates
- Coaching more junior colleagues
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Writing UI automation tests and improving the framework
- Manually testing high value but expensive to automate app and product interactions
- Mocking endpoints and products
- Coordinating exploratory testing sessions
- Reporting on, monitoring and triaging bugs
- Leading discussions on test approaches and risk reduction within your team
- Brining clarity to complex problems
- Coaching colleagues inside and outside of your team
- Presenting quality initiatives and stats inside and outside of your team
- Actively contributing the Testing Community meetings
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve quality within your team
- Keeping the scrum team focused on a quality first mindset
- You are a leading voice in refinements and three amigos ensuring the Acceptance Criteria is fit for purpose
- You naturally are curious and ask questions
- You are passionate about testing early and often
- You understand how to reduce risk in a time sensitive environment
- You are self aware and recognise how your behaviours effect others
- You identify areas for improvement in your team and in the department
- You know how to test for accessibility
- You are familiar with using Charles or a similar tool
- You’re a collaborative person that believes in the Agile principles and how they can help empowered teams deliver the best software
- You have contributed UI test code to commercial projects
- You’re passionate about learning new things and sharing those things with others
- You embrace change and can be flexible in your approach to problems
- You like to share skills through pairing and coaching
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents