- Salary: up to 31k pln/month
- Location: Krakow
- Position: Lead Engineer
We’re looking for a great Lead Engineer to join a team in Krakow that creates Marketplace as a Service and also develops their own platform using this product. It is a members-only service that allows customers to buy in 100+ online stores. This service provides the best prices, fast and free shipping and free returns. Almost 100 tech people in the Company’s Headquarters in Chicago and 15 in the office in Krakow work on a product development. Currently, they’re facing the challenge of taking it to the next level (query understanding, relevance, marking) and products catalogue (integrate catalogues from different shops, updates, merges). They are also introducing Kotlin and TypeScript to their stack. The team is really strong and the tasks are challenging as hell, but I can promise you that if you try, you’ll like it!
You will be driving technology and architecture decisions across the code stack, as well as developing production code. The company will be looking to you to help create, test and deploy solutions that integrate seamlessly, all at scale.
- 7+ years of experience as a change agent making architectural and/or language decisions for web applications.
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise on an object-oriented programming language, such as Java/Groovy, C++ or Ruby
- Expert-level Python skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- Working experience with web frameworks such as Spring, Django/Bottle/Flask
- Deep understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Individual Training budget (1500$/year)
- Stock options
- Fully paid Private Medical Healthcare (Medicover) and Life Insurance (Generali)
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunches (!) and the fridge full of fruits
- 23 000 – 31 000 PLN/month (Perm or B2B)
- Initial phone call interview
- Onsite interview in the Krakow office
- Google Hangouts Interview