- Role: Head of QA
- Location: Warsaw
- Industry: Maritime transport
Did you know that around 90% of world trade is carried by sea? This makes maritime transport essential to the world’s economy. Unfortunately, it is also a major source of pollution. Our client’s mission is to increase operational efficiency by reducing marine fuel consumption and making vessels more eco-friendly.
We are looking for a Head of QA!
You’ll be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the QA engineering strategy across all scrum teams and projects. This role is equally focussed on the internal customers – Product teams (engineering quality to requirements), Customer Success (live service issues), and Sales (trials) as well as the management & development of the high-performing team of QA engineers required to assure our range of Software, Data Insight & SaaS services. This position requires communicating with multiple international teams based in the US, UK, and EU countries. As such, both spoken and written English skills are required.
- Drive a high pace of delivery and proactively resolve dependencies
- Work with the Technology Senior Leadership Team to ensure effective allocation and management of resources across the portfolio. Supporting with the definition and realization of team objectives
- Write and accept the test strategies for all Products, Systems, Platforms, and Releases.
- Led QA engineering across all projects (functional, NFR, customer experience).
- Design and implement our test Service Improvement Plan using and experience of implementing and leading a testing & release strategy, test & release automation strategy, and working with automation frameworks – CI/CD, Test-Driven Development (TDD) & Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Mentor and coach Test professionals to increase testing capability and expertise within the delivery function.
- Manage internal and external resources with a people & capability strategy aligned to your overall test strategy.
- Provide thought leadership on application quality assurance to ensure appropriate strategies and tooling are in place for efficient and effective quality assurance of our application portfolio.
- Drive the strategic roadmap for the testing service with increasing levels of automation.
- Stay up to date with developments and best practices in the field and make plans to further develop testing processes and procedures in line with evolving market practice.
- Ensure that we have principles, processes, policies, SOPs, and documented test outcomes to ensure that we stand up to audit scrutiny and meet computing systems validation compliance.
- Lead a program to build up domain and tacit knowledge within the Engineering teams to improve perceptions of quality & productivity.
- Experience in software projects & product delivery in a similar context
- Hands-on attitude to delivery and investigating what needs to be done
- Knowledge of scalable, low latency data processing solutions
- Experience in Agile software development process based on Scrum and working in Scrum teams
- Excellent people management skills, an energizer, collaborative
- Knowledge and expertise of agile testing concepts, standards, and methodologies, combined with practical experience in determining the best approach/implementation.
- QA engineering experience in a mixed technology context – Python, .Net, Azure, Data Science, on-vessel, API, SDKs
- The ability to understand complex functionality and architectures and define the best testing tools and approach
- Intellect to derive test strategies for complex ML, algorithms, optimizations, and subjective experiential elements like decision support
What will you get in return:
- 30 days of paid holidays
- Elastic working hours
- Free lunches & fresh fruits
- Hardware and software of your choice
- Chill room (with Xbox, Steam, foosball, etc.)
- Adjustable desks and ergonomic office chairs
- Flat organization