- Position: Head of Engineering
- Location: Remote
- Rates: 96 000-145 000 $/ year
Our client is a fresh startup whose goal is to completely change and help SaaS companies finance themselves by allowing them to receive an upfront payment for their contracts that they have signed with clients. Thanks to their mission, software companies will be able to finance their growth faster and more efficiently. To facilitate our client’s development, the best investors turned to them to help them, thanks to which they received over 60 million dollars of financing.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to help them scale their growing team to the next level. Over theirs 6 months of life, they have grown at an unprecedented rate, crushing every target set by external investors, and reaching ARR levels typical of 3-4-year-old startups. As they shoot for a Series A they want an ambitious, experienced, and passionate Head of Engineering to drive our tech people and processes closer to excellence.
You will solve the hardest problems and have an impact on the end-product. Expect to work in a fast-paced environment, with amazing engineers who believe in our mission.
On a daily basis:
- You will be working at a product-driven company, designing and implementing lean product-building processes that will allow us to iterate quickly, efficiently, and without hiccups.
- You will work hand in hand with a product to understand our resourcing needs in accordance with their evolving roadmap.
- They believe motivated, experienced developers paired with hungry, brilliant junior engineers is a recipe for success.
- You will be sourcing, building, and guiding these teams as we scale Engineering by 2-3x over the next 6 months.
- You will make decisions on how teams are organized and how they will operate, establishing their objectives, and reporting on their performance. If there are bottlenecks, your role will be to find and eliminate them.
- You will ensure the team is comfortable and each person has the tools they need to thrive and grow at their company. You will help define and evolve their 1:1 processes to keep the team happy and productive.
- You will build upon the culture of engineering excellence, passion for building, a sense of ownership, and intellectual humility.
- You can get your hands dirty and dive into their codebase to find new tools, processes, or technologies that will make us move faster or more robustly.
- They know for a fact that talent attracts talent. They would love for you to help bring on board the people you have most enjoyed working with.
- You will grow quickly with the company. They want you to grow into a VP of Engineering.
- Experience with leading the engineering teams in similar startup roles. 3-5 years of experience in the management track is ideal.
- You know how to attract and retain the best talent. You have hired excellent engineers in previous companies.
- You have experienced (whether as a manager or an engineer) a fast growth phase in a startup. You have seen the hurdles of the fast-scaling team and learned how to avoid them.
- They are looking for a great engineer who understands the technology and processes, that has then become a great Manager of future stars.
- You have worked closely with Product leadership to build complex roadmaps and deliver upon them.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills, especially around complex data-driven topics.
- You are familiar with fintech/payment platforms and/or SaaS.
- English is a must because we have team members from different countries.
Nice to have:
- Experience running remote teams across geographies and cultures. Extra plus if you have built offshore teams for outsourceable tasks such as external integrations.
- You have worked with JS frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue, React). They use React.
- You know NodeJS well.
- Experience with building, testing, and deploying performant APIs, and integrating with many 3rd party APIs.
- You are very familiar with automated tests. Jest and Cypress would be a plus.
- You have built and maintained databases.
- You understand CI/CD, build and deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions), and monitoring systems.
- Experience with Docker or containers in general.