- Position: Senior Engineering Manager
- Location: Remote / Katowice
- Methodology: SCRUM
Something huge is being built in Katowice. One of the global top 10 IT companies is expanding its senior management team in Katowice, and you can be a part of it!
They specialize in a wide range of activities, such as manufacturing, mechanics, simulation software. In a word: an engineering paradise! 😊
We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager who will be co-creating software that is used by their customers to build a variety of outstanding products, from smartphones to satellite systems.
Among your tasks and responsibilities, you will be:
- One of the three 2nd line Engineering Managers reporting directly to the Site Leader
- Working on 2 large scale products, being built locally in Poland
- Defining the tech roadmap and strategy for the upcoming years
- Managing approx. 80 people divided two product teams, subdivided into 10 smaller teams
Your main challenge will be to enable acceleration of the development process. Currently, the solutions are delivered every year with the objective to reach four iterations per year. You will have to define the right strategy and the right methodologies.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Have a product background. This is a mandatory point
- Have a software development background and interest in either C++ or Java related environment
- Have a proven track record on a similar role, on which you have successfully understood the business needs and accordingly delivered software solutions by defining the accurate roadmap, strategy, tech choices. We are not looking for a Ressource Manager, as this aspect represents only 5-10% of the duties.
- Have international exposure. Even though Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Managers are based locally in Katowice, some of the stakeholders are in the US (East coast).
Recruitment process :
- Meeting the Site Leader. Phone interview (CV overview)
- 5 different steps, 1 hour each, during which you will be asked about
- Your Software Delivery and Agile skills
- People (software engineers) management
- Organization management
- Technical skills
- Meeting the vice manager
What you can expect:
- A full remote position, however, it would be highly appreciated if you can show up in Katowice office once per week
- Employment contract with no trial period
- Base salary up to 30,000 PLN
- Yearly bonus
- Company shares package
- Multicafeteria points
- Training budget
- Group Insurance
- Private healthcare