- Position: Senior QA Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Contract type: B2B
Our client is building an intelligent code discovery platform that provides the best tools for developers to discover code in any form—and benefit through contextual insights, recognition, and greater productivity. They are transforming code search to improve the practice of modern programming—using a graph-based approach drawing on data from the entire open source ecosystem. They are on a mission to build the world’s best code discovery engine. The company is funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the first investors of Google, Twitter, Zoom, LinkedIn, and Uber. The team has backgrounds from NASA, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon, AWS, Cisco and MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley. The headquarters are in San Francisco, California. They are building a globally distributed, all-remote world class team.
We seek a QA Engineer to lead platform testing on the frontier of code discovery and developer productivity. You will be responsible for setting up a robust & versatile testing infrastructure, bringing together test data from a variety of sources and leveraging automation to empower other software engineers to be more effective. Our team expands the state of the art in machine learning technology, which enables thoughtful, efficient, and intuitive ways to search, re-use, explore or process metadata around the code. You will use world-class engineering and testing techniques on real-world, internal, and external data to directly impact the evolution of software development. A successful applicant is an expert in test automation, software engineering, and complex performance analysis spanning applications and networks.
Who Will Love This Job
You are foremost an engineer, and have built large scale testing frameworks and systems. You are passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest developments. You will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets our users’ needs—while being cost-effective. You hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems. You can monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet high quality standards. You are a skilled technical influencer and have a track record of successfully championing test-driven development. You have a respectful, collaborative approach that earns the trust of your peers and stakeholders.
- Our backend, data fetching pipelines, tooling is built with Go
- Our frontend is built using TypeScript & Svelte
- Our ML stack is built using Python & PyTorch
- Our cloud automation is built using Terraform
- Our data is primarily stored in PostgreSQL
- Our search engine is powered by OpenSearch
- Our services run on Google’s Cloud Platform
- Design, develop and lead implementation of our testing system and infrastructure
- Take full responsibility and ownership of all staging services and builds production
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Cooperate with developers and product managers to identify system requirements
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Gather, organize, version and maintain a diverse and expanding test dataset
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source and proprietary tools
- Identify, document, triage and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Monitor debugging process results and clearly communicate status proactively
- Represent the user and speak on their behalf, leveraging feedback channels and support methods
- Track and display quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies, especially pertaining to performance
- Mentor and assist developers with test driven development strategies and ensure test coverage
- 10+ years expertise as a full stack quality engineer scripting tests and maintaining test automation
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, with expertise in software development
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python and/or Go)
- History of success with Agile methodologies and environments
- Familiarity with test management suites such as Testify
- Expertise with white box and black box testing with strong understanding of QA methodologies
- Significant expertise with entire Web ecosystem, across platforms and devices
- Expertise with continuous integration systems & test driven development
- Expertise with modern test frameworks such as Selenium, Cypress, Detox etc.
- Proven track record improving developer efficiency by automating critical pieces of the product
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, exhibiting craftsmanship and excellence
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related technical field
- Experience coding in Go
- Prior experience or interest in working and interfacing with machine learning and data science teams
- Experience working within an early stage startup environment
- Experience with many of the following technologies:
- Graph databases
- Modern ML Models (e.g. BERT, Pytorch Geometric)
- MLOps and Infrastructure
- ElasticSearch, Solr and Lucene
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Machine learning infrastructure
- CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins
What We Offer
You have the opportunity to join an early stage startup and have significant ownership of critical technical components. You will work with a great team and collaborate with exceptional advisors and technical experts. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you’ll grow with us, too.
- Competitive salary & equity packages.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave.
- Strong remote work culture and esprit de corps.