- Position: Senior Product Designer
- Location: Remote
- Contract type: B2B
Our client is building an intelligent code discovery platform that provides the best tools for developers to discover code in any form—and benefit through contextual insights, recognition, and greater productivity. They are transforming code search to improve the practice of modern programming—using a graph-based approach drawing on data from the entire open source ecosystem. They are on a mission to build the world’s best code discovery engine. The company is funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the first investors of Google, Twitter, Zoom, LinkedIn, and Uber. The team has backgrounds from NASA, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon, AWS, Cisco and MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley. The headquarters are in San Francisco, California. They are building a globally distributed, all-remote world class team.
We are seeking a Product Designer to lead technology design on the frontier of code discovery and developer productivity. A successful applicant is an expert in web application design—wizard in the canvas with deep knowledge of user experience. You will help our team design, test and rapidly iterate on multiple products and services stemming from our core technology. You will design APIs, browser extensions, microsites, IDE integrations, bots and webhooks across services. You will help us visualize our rich dataset drawn from a diverse array of sources. You will make common tasks easier, and save everyone steps along their way.
Who Will Love This Job
You seek simplicity. You like making the pieces fit together, with the fewest clicks. You enjoy being as close as possible to the user experience, pouring your personality into each interaction. You are an explorer, looking to help developers discover code in any form and improve their productivity. You are a coder, yourself—and you bring that perspective to every interaction and design. You are a designer with a strong, informed opinion based on experience using lots of other developer tools.
- Our backend, data fetching pipelines, tooling is built with Go.
- Our frontend is built using TypeScript & Svelte.
- Our ML stack is built using Python & PyTorch.
- Our cloud automation is built using Terraform.
- Our data is primarily stored in PostgreSQL.
- Our search engine is powered by OpenSearch.
- Our services run on Google’s Cloud Platform.
Work on product problems from initial definition through to shipping, and track impact after launch
Design UX of our platform capabilities that integrate into 3rd party platforms (e.g. IDE integrations)
Work within cross-functional teams (Design, Engineering, Ops, Sales) to tackle product problems
Write and collaborate on project briefs and scope
Craft rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems
Build wireframes and early-stage prototypes to test your assumptions
Communicate design work clearly, with rationale grounded in research and data
Collaborate deeply with Engineers and PMs
Undertake qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points, to inform feature development
Work with the rest of the Design Team to ensure cohesion across all our products
Inspire the entire team by bringing new ideas to the table
Attract, recruit and retain top talent
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks
- Understanding of key design principles
- Experience working in a team and deploying solutions in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with software developer tools like Github, Gitlab, IDEs (e.g. VS Code)
- 5+ years experience designing digital products and systems
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong command of modern design tools such as Figma, Webflow, InVision, Sketch, Framer
- Ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity and to make decisions without enough information
- Attention to detail and an eye for great user experiences
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent
5+ years of professional software engineering experience
Knowledge of image authoring tools
Familiarity with TypeScript, or willingness to learn
Experience with responsive and adaptive design
Experience in platform development to solve complex business problems at scale
Experience with data visualization tools, particularly d3.js or other
What We Offer
You have the opportunity to join an early stage startup and have significant ownership of critical technical components. You will work with a great team and collaborate with exceptional advisors and technical experts. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you’ll grow with us, too.
- Competitive salary & equity packages.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave.
- Strong remote work culture and esprit de corps.