- Position: Senior Java Developer
- Experience level: Expert
- Salary: 28 000 – 33 000 PLN on B2B
Imagine if every time you went to the doctor you paid cash upfront before you are treated, where every time you rented an apartment you paid 2 years cash upfront, or where your monthly paycheck is frequently delayed for months at a time. Then imagine doing that without a loan, credit card, or even bank accounts. This is everyday life for over 3 billion people in developing countries around the world. That is all possible with our client, and they are on a mission to re-invent the way people access and use credit.
Through a simple API integration to the platform, companies can enable their customers to make purchases and pay bills on credit, or get personal loans. Leveraging proprietary datasets, our client builds ML algorithms on customer phone records, bank records, and payment transactions to assess credit risk, enabling us to offer credit lines to individuals and small businesses. This credit line can be used to make purchases from a merchant or withdraw cash without the need for point-of-sale hardware or plastic cards. Because of proprietary data and innovative technical solutions, our client is able to provide credit to underbanked customers who are not typically covered by credit bureaus, a critical area of growth for developing countries.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be responsible for leading the team from a technical standpoint.
- You will be holding an SME role in the team, providing with guidance and advices best practices to the development team.
- You will work on micro-services that are capable of handling millions of users worldwide.
- You will be working closely with Machine Learning team and other stakeholders in tech organization in order to maximise the production efficiency.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Rearchitect built-in messaging to make it configurable on a per-partner basis
- Implement logic to enable multiple purchases to be bundled into a single loan
- Enable users to opt-in to autopay, and implement backend functionality to handle
automatic loan repayment
- Build backend services for a fast-growing Fintech from Silicon Valley
- Take an active part in product development including architecture design, choosing technologies, maintenance
- Write well designed, testable, efficient Java code
- Contribute to the Scrum process and the overall output of the team
- Collaborate with DevOps on CI/CD
- Do code review, write unit tests, while keeping the code clean
- Expert knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns
- Very strong Spring development experience
- Solid record of completed projects in Java
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with domain-driven design
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
You will get:
- B2B contract with 26 days of vacation per year
- Unlimited sick leaves
- Internet, headset, education reimbursement
- Latest gear
- Annual bonuses and performance reviews