- Position: QA Engineer
- Location: Krakow
- Industry: Fintech
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be in the right place at the right time? Yup, here and now it is! It is always an exciting moment to join a team of an experienced and growth-oriented team, but now the development part of the company is in the process of establishing in Krakow and it is gonna be awesome!
We are looking for a QA Engineer do join a fintech US-based company – an online trading pioneer. They create tools to automate online trade execution services. Krakow will be a third development center alongside with the US and UK offices. The company have 8 offices all around the world, e.g. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney.
- You will work in a self-contained scrum team located in Kraków to deliver new components of the trading platform that is developed in USA (East Coast), United Kingdom and Poland.
- Ideal candidates have a good understanding of mobile application development, financial domain, streaming etc. They should be experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
- You will take an active role in the entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, QA and other developers.
- We build our platform with quality in mind. You will provide Unit Tests to sustain quality and regression coverage as well as you will support QA with integration testing fixtures to support automated testing.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required
- Review and analyze system specifications.
- Collaborate with other QA engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual) and analyze results
- Evaluate product according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report and troubleshoot bugs and errors with development teams
- Conduct pre-release/post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Interpret, evaluate, and implement quality assurance standards
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- oversee continuous improvement projects
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML, API, Angular and Protractor
- Working in an Agile/Scrum process
- Working with streaming data and real-time systems
- Gradle Build Tool, GIT, TeamCity, HockeyApp, Testlink, Jira, Confluence
- Working in a trading floor environment
- Experience in communicating with customer, users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Strong experience with system analysis, understanding design and functional requirements and specifications
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform testing
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Good to have:
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams
What we offer:
- Work in a startup environment full of growth-oriented people
- A team of experienced developers helping each other improve their skills
- Ability to choose the equipment you work with
- Standing desk and ergonomic chair
- Spacious and cozy office space in the heart of old Kraków
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass (Multisport)
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit
- Salary in line with the market
- Superior co-working and personal development experience