- Position: Senior QA Engineer
- Location: Krakow
- Experience: 5+ years
Our client is a well-known British fintech company, specializing in building a wide portfolio of products helping people and organizations manage their pension plans and control their shares.
The set of applications they are working on is used by over 1 million people.
In terms of tech stack and challenges, some apps are written with NET Framework connected with React, which integrates heavily with Umbraco CMS.
Some other are based on a completely different tech profile – oriented to backend data processing. We can even call it ETL. Some of the process files have more than 5 million records applying advanced logic in .NET Core and using advanced SQL Server functionalities like merge. Application is deployed in Docker containers.
From May to October 2020 team delivered a total of 440 items in 5 releases to Production, partnering closely with the end-user business team.
Recently, the team delivered a POC of an application which was written in a completely new approach, with .NET 5, Azure Cloud with REST API, supported by Azure AD B2C. The application was great in its role; thanks to that, 2021 will be full of exciting changes in existing products.
In order to help our Client ensure the right level of software quality and quality automation, we are looking for a Senior QA engineer
- Assist in the maintenance test automation strategy and framework using that supports internal and customer-facing solutions
- Provide input into defining the appropriate test approach and strategies in collaboration with the Test Manager to ensure effective test preparation and execution is produced for both manual and automated testing.
- Determine the adequate level of test coverage in collaboration with the Test Manager, Solution Analysts and Business Users and provide input into the testing estimates.
- Understand the functional and technical requirements of the various products supported in order to prioritise the rollout of test automation.
- Understand requirements, design specifications and convert them into test scripts.
- Provide the creation and execution of test scripts both manual and automated.
- Analyze test results to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct test reviews throughout the development lifecycle, to identify any artifacts that are not fit for purpose.
- Create and maintain automation test libraries ensuring function ability as applications are modified.
- Responsible for logging and tracking defects, and will work closely with developers, project managers, and product managers to ensure quality testing is taking place in a timely manner.
Required set of skills:
- Excellence QA automation knowledge, in particular:
- System-level testing using .NET, C#, Selenium, Specflow, XUnit/NUnit (but we are also open for candidates with any other programming language who are willing to work with C#/.NET)
- REST services testing using RestSharp
- Version control systems (GIT) + branching strategy using git workflow
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps (CI/CD using pipelines with tests)
- MS SQL
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
Nice to have:
- Non-functional testing
- Tests parallelization using Selenium Grid
- Containers like Docker
- Containers-orchestration system like Kubernetes
- Competitive salary
- Remote work up to 80% (you need to be in the office at least 1d/week)
- Private healthcare (Luxmed)
- Additional bonus
- Training budget