- Position: Product Manager
- Location: Remote
- Salary: up to 30 000 PLN on B2B
What we do:
Our client is an embedded lending platform that enables companies to extend credit to consumers and small businesses in their own apps. The company builds proprietary ML algorithms to assess credit risk using the company’s data then automates credit facilities via a cutting-edge cloud infrastructure, simplifying the complex world of lending with a simple API. This way our client expands economic access by enabling credit for populations ignored by traditional credit bureaus, in many cases providing life-changing opportunities to lower-income customers. The company’s headquarters is located in San Francisco and currently operates in Nigeria and Brazil.
As a Technical Product Manager reporting to the Director of Product, you will be instrumental in devising and guiding the implementation of the products, including consumer-facing websites, mobile apps, payment interfaces and developer APIs. Success will require developing a deep understanding of all of the stakeholders’ needs, including underserved consumers and small businesses as well as large enterprise partners, in order to deliver product value across our client’s ecosystem. Based on the inputs by Partnerships, Finance, Growth, and Customer Experience you will define the requirements for the Engineering team, prioritize them, be a partner to the Engineering team during implementation and accept the deliverables.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Gain a deep understanding of the end-users, partners, and market context
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy and roadmap to engineering
- Drive the long term maturity of the platform, supporting both global and country-specific needs
- Align product implementation to our short and long-term business goals
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the platform and the products it supports
- Work with the partnerships and customer experience teams to define customer experience and product deliverables for our partners
- Prepare the requirements for the upcoming sprints of the engineering teams
- Manage the product backlog
- Guide engineering priorities during product development sprints
- Join/Run sprint demos and accept sprint deliverables
- Organize and prepare the content of UAT for generic product functionalities
- Work with operations and SRE teams in various markets to create a tight product feedback loop for product changes
- Conduct constant product experimentation and drive the design, analysis, and impact of product experiments
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in product management as a product owner or technical product manager
- Strong understanding of financial services, credit and fintech, ideally in emerging markets
- Technical background with an understanding of development experience
- Fluent in English
- Extensive and fundamental technical knowledge of electronic payments including integration capabilities, and compliance standards
- Experience working with partner-facing APIs
- Strong ability to make critical decisions independently
- Strong collaboration skills to successfully work with multiple teams and stakeholders to define and execute product vision
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work hard to achieve set company objectives
What it’s like to work for our client:
Our client’s mission is to serve as a platform for economic access by reinventing the way people access and use credit. While their roots are in Silicon Valley, they have a diverse set of Amigos across the United States, Nigeria, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Poland, and make a structural effort to accommodate different time zones, cultures, and backgrounds. They have a culture of transparency that they carry through to all forms of communication, ensuring that Amigos all around the world have the information they need to make good decisions.
Our client is also perceived as a constant work in progress and the same is true of their people; for all of them, we believe the best is yet to come. Be sure to be encounter support of each other in curiosity and creativity – which they pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing. Our client has open and frequent feedback on how each individual can improve, providing an open environment for everyone to bring their authentic selves. The company is growing quickly and every person has an outsized impact on the future shape of the business.
Outside of work, our client offers a remote work policy for more work-life flexibility. Both moms and dads get up to 12 weeks of parental leave to support child-parent bonds at the most critical times. They provide full health care coverage for medical, dental, and vision to ensure everyone on board is as healthy as possible, and offer mental health support to help to navigate the stresses of life.
In both the products and the people, our client aims to reflect, represent and advocate for all of the users, globally. The users and employees transcend geography, culture and language, so the most important collective value is a drive to create a fairer, more economically empowered world. We welcome all who share this vision to apply and become a part of our amazing client.