- Position: Principal/Senior Java Dev
- Location: Krakow
- Industry: Fintech
Fintech is another buzzword, right? As a matter of fact, few are companies who really deserve to be called a true fintech player, but our Client is definitely one of them.
Their wide range of solutions serve both companies (over 70% of FTSE companies) and individuals (25% of the UK’s population). And you know what? One of their core components will be developed in Cracow, as the company is setting up a brand new office here.
You probably would like to hear about some figures first, so let us share them with you:
– 27 000 000 clients in the UK
– 200 000 000 000 £ of payments handled
– over 1 million lines of code but work focused on developing new features (80% of the time)
– web platform visited 1 million times a day with a response time lower than 1s
Technologies and tools: Spring, Java 11, Oracle 18c, RHEL Linux, Docker, Cucumber, Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins (some work is also done in C and PL/SQL)
We are looking for a dynamic, talented developer who is ready to work in an interactive team environment and building, discussing and explaining the software.
As a Senior Developer, you will have responsibility for code quality within the team; You will also have a leading role in coaching &mentoring and pair-programming with your colleagues, and in establishing and developing best practices.
As a Principal Developer, you will be acting as a Senior Developer with additional responsibility for line management of the Developers in their team, including morale, motivation, and professional development, annual appraisals, recruitment, and discipline.
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Proficient in designing, building and testing Java applications
- Strong SQL experience
- Solid knowledge of OOP software concepts, design patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge or experience of working in Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Very good English skills (written and spoken)
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, and a responsible team-player
- Attractive salary up to 25.000 PLN/month
- Contract of employment or B2B (with paid vacation)
- Flexible working hours
- 1 day per week of remote work
- New, modern, bright and very comfortable office space
- The chance to make a real impact on the product and the team
- Pre-screen call (15 min)
- Tech task
- Final interview