- Position: Interface Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Contract type: B2B
Our client is building an intelligent code discovery platform that provides the best tools for developers to discover code in any form—and benefit through insights, recognition, and greater productivity. They are transforming code search to improve the practice of modern programming—using a graph-based approach drawing on data from the entire open source ecosystem. The mission is to build the world’s best code discovery engine. The company is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the first investors of Google, Twitter, Zoom, LinkedIn, and Uber. The team has backgrounds from NASA, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon, AWS, Cisco and MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley. The headquarters are in San Francisco, California. They are building a globally distributed, remote-first team.
We seek an Interface Engineer to lead technology development on the frontier of code discovery and developer productivity. A successful applicant is an expert in web application development—a wizard in the browser with deep knowledge of the presentation layer. You will lead the development and deployment of multiple products and services using our core technology. You will write APIs, browser extensions, IDE integrations, bots and webhooks across services. You will build interfaces that visualize rich data insights that improve developer productivity.
Who Will Love This Job
The ideal candidate is excited to build developer tools. You could be a full stack engineer and touch every aspect of the system. However, you prefer to engineer the interface. You are a world class expert building and deploying interfaces and products that developers love to use.
- Backend, data fetching pipelines, tooling is built with Go.
- Frontend is built using TypeScript & Svelte.
- ML stack is built using Python & PyTorch.
- Cloud automation is built using Terraform.
- Data is primarily stored in PostgreSQL.
- Search engine is powered by OpenSearch.
- Services run on Google’s Cloud Platform.
- Develop and deploy breakthrough user experiences within web and native environments
- Design and build unique user interactions to be consistent across web, IDE, and CLI environments
- Design and deliver APIs that are a joy to use as a developer
- Code anywhere in our stack, taking ownership and responsibility for the presentation layer
- Relentlessly measure and improve application performance, responsiveness, and testing
- Obsess over implementation details related to appearance and behavior of every user interaction
- Push the boundaries of what is possible to extend and integrate into existing developer workflows
- Review code, mentor other engineers and support the team
- Attract, recruit and retain top talent
- Expertise deploying solutions in an Agile/DevOps CI/CD environment
- Expertise with browser technologies and developer tools
- Experience developing across clients, including web, IDE, browser extensions, CLI
- Expertise in unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Expertise or proficiency in Django and Python
- Expertise in Go or willingness to learn fast
- Knowledge of image authoring tools
- Experience in platform development to solve complex business problems at scale
- Knowledge of event based systems development
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
What We Offer
You have the opportunity to join an early stage startup and have significant ownership of technology development. You will work at the highest level and collaborate with world-class colleagues, advisors and technical experts. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you’ll grow with us, too.
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Strong remote work culture and esprit de corps