- Role: DevOps Engineer
- Seniority: mid
- Location: Remote
To describe even a fracture of the awesomeness of this company, you’d have to use a countless amount of sexy buzzwords. But let us present you only a few: railway automation, pantograph monitoring, fault location, sapient advanced analytics, advanced AI, BCI, nice, right? To sum up they operate with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail. They have over 20 years of experience on the market in over 20 countries, and yet they still have a unicorn startup mentality!
On a daily basis:
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help automate, deploy and secure customer-facing Cloud solutions using DevOps practices such as automation, CI Pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code.
- You will work alongside Software Development, Product, and Operations teams to identify and eliminate constraints in the product life cycle.
- You will help to develop monitoring and alerting for AWS deployed platforms and software in order to support sustained and reliable availability of internal and production systems.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is ambitious and not afraid to take ownership, someone with strong technical problem-solving skills and who is collaborative with development teams and has a passion to automate away the mundane areas of development and deployment, and will keep up to date with current trends in technology.
This position is for you if:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role (SRE, Cloud infrastructure/DevOps)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of producing technical and process documentation
- An understanding of the software development process.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience of container technologies (Docker or Podman)
- Automation using Jenkins
- Experience of AWS services (VPC, Security Group, EC2, Route53, IAM, S3, AWS-cli)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Pipelines (Gitlab CI, Travis CI, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Source Control Management (Git, SVN)
- Demonstrable Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience with Web servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Service monitoring and graphing tools (Prometheus + Grafana, Nagios + Munin)
- Elastic stack
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Repository solutions (Jfrog Artifactory, Jfrog Bintray, Reprepro)
- Lets Encrypt / ACME
- Apache Tomcat
- Messaging streams or communication platforms (RabbitMQ, Postfix, Mandrill)
- Container Orchestration tools (Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, K8s)
- SQL Databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQL)
- Microservice Architecture
- Apache Pulsar / Kafka
They can offer you:
- Company Pension, Healthcare & Life Assurance Schemes
- On-site parking
- Subsidized Gym Membership
- Wellness programs