Database Administrator | Warsaw | #818Piotr Ziaja
- Position: Database Administrator
- Seniority: mid/senior
- Location: Warsaw
Our client is a truly international organization, employing over 2,000 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Their rapid growth is driven by technological innovation and a deep understanding of our clients’ business needs. Their commitment to excellent service, quality, and reliability makes us trusted partners to more than 1,000 companies in over 80 countries. They occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media, and betting industries.
You will join the team responsible for importing, normalizing, sanitizing, and exposing bookmaker data for internal usage. The team is international, with colleagues from a few European countries, and the USA, in addition to an experienced team in Warsaw. Their goal is to provide super-fast and accurate data to empower our company to create market-leading and innovative solutions for its customers.
Working alongside the Lead DBA and other members of the CoE squad you will:
- Focus on ensuring operational excellence for the core databases
- Work with Engineers and Architects to evolve the strategic direction for the core database platform, including cloud migration and data componentization
- Carry out capacity planning, patching, and maintain the general health of the core databases
- Implement best practices with regards backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
- Engage with both other DBAs and Engineers within other business units to promote best practices and ensure that our applications are built according to sound data principles
You will be able to demonstrate many of the following skills, with both an aptitude and willingness to develop along any you may not have today.
- Experience in administering large scale, highly available MySQL Databases, both self-hosted and in the cloud (AWS preferable); including capacity planning, infrastructure as code, and performance tunning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience using Change Data Capture replication (such as Debezium)
- Familiarity with other database technologies, including NoSQL.
- Able to balance pragmatic solutions against longer-term strategic visions
- International work environment, trips abroad, international programming conferences
- Multisport, medical insurance, company events, etc.
- Stationary and stable job in a multinational team
- The opportunity to join an exciting team and make an impact on the product and our customers’ products.
- The camaraderie of a talented and passionate team working hard to deliver innovative products.
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexible working hours
- Chillout room with PlayStation, table football, and board games with an interoffice dart tournament
- English lessons with a native speaker (If needed)
- Located centrally in Warsaw with excellent public transport infrastructure