- Location: Kraków
- Type of contract: Perm
Our customer, UK based, global innovative company in the area of utility engineering, is expanding their Global IT Applications Team in a new office in Kraków. Their aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently, and continue to grow our world-class team. A team that is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
Global IT applications service has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery, and support of all business applications enabling global commercial, operational, and enterprise business processes. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team is arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
DevOps aims to shorten our SDLC and create CI/CD capability across all platforms. Through the investment of time and resources, we will improve our culture and refine, or replace, our processes that combine software development and IT operations to deliver fantastic outcomes.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Application Development, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of DevOps specialists to own and manage technology solutions to support various platforms.
- Ensure we have a strategy, technology roadmaps, and processes across all platforms to drive understanding and collaboration.
- Perform the role of Lead DevOps Technical Product Owner and, through your team, develop and maintain backlogs across the Platforms for IT change.
- Working with Development Leads, Technical Architects, Security, and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensures that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to non-UK locations if necessary
- Results-driven and assertive
- Able to guide and nurture business users
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Attention to detail without losing the bigger picture
- Problem solver
- Experience in supporting and driving a DevOps culture and building out the capability
- Experience with various practices including CI, CD, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code, Security as Code and Monitoring/Logging and containerization
- Experience with multiple Cloud offerings and OS
- Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approaches
- Previous team management experience
- Previous professional experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with large-scale applications and web e-commerce platforms
- High initiative
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) experience and/or Magento 2
- SAP S/4, SAP CRM, SAP Hybris Commerce
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, .NET
- Operational infrastructure experience
- Working within a scaled agile environment