DevOps Engineer | Remote | #494michal
- Position: DevOps Engineer
- Location: 100% Remote
- Industry: Fintech
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be in the right place at the right time? Yup, here and now it is! It is always an exciting moment to join a team of an experienced and growth-oriented team, but now the development part of the company is in the process of establishing in Krakow and it is gonna be awesome!
We are looking for DevOps Engineer do join a fintech US-based company – an online trading pioneer. They create tools to automate online trade execution services. Krakow will be a third development center alongside with the US and UK offices. The company have 8 offices all around the world, e.g. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney.
- Applications: TeamCity, TFS, NuGet, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub, Visual Studio and Bitbucket.
- Provide end-user support and implement change requests related to above CI toolset.
- Perform system administration activities, including but not limited to upgrades, general (and plugin) maintenance, performance fine tuning, ad hoc refinements, resource clean-up, system level configuration, daily checks, plugin Proof of Concept, smoke testing and maintain CI/CD test environments.
- Maintain and improve our build system and continuous integration processes and CI/CD pipeline as part of long running projects
- Ability to work with small cross-functional teams on the design, build and test of new features and products.
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several concurrent commitments
- Work as an evangelist and enabler ensuring best practices and policy adoption and advocacy across the organization
- Concisely document admin instructions, user guides and policies in Confluence
- Associate degree or equivalent in experience (preferably with a software development background)
- Previous history (2-3 years) of system administration, configuration, and support for CI/CD tools
- Solid mastery of Build and Release pipeline with TeamCity (or Jenkins), Git, MSBuild, Visual Studio and .NET
- Ability to investigate and resolve multi-faceted build issues in Teamcity in a timely manner. You must have proven record and provide pertinent examples. This will be part of your daily task to service user requests to resolve TeamCity build issues mainly related to .NET
- Previous system level experience for troubleshooting, installation and upgrade tools and solutions like Bitbucket
- Experienced in Version Control Systems (VCS) such as Git (GitHub/Bitbucket) and TFS or equivalent
- Experience with using packaging tools such as NuGet, Paket, NPM, Maven or similar
- Previous experience using package management solutions such Artifactory, Nexus or equivalent
- Proven experience with static analysis tools e.g. SonarQube, Coverity or equivalent
- Ability to work with scripting languages for build and automation using PowerShell and Groovy (highly desirable)
- TeamCity RESTful API knowledge and experience (and other tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in Bitbucket and migration from other source control systems like TFS/GitHub (highly desirable)
- C# or previous development experience (highly desirable)
- Strong troubleshooting on Windows Server environment and critical thinking skills
- Driven to take ownership of projects, tasks, and processes. Desire to learn and acquire new skillsets
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Forward thinking, self-starter and work independently
- Time management, organizational skills and ability to service multiple user requests in an efficient manner
Would be a plus:
- Python, Java and .NET Core experience
- Deployment tools such as Nolio, Ansible, Octopus Deploy or similar.
- Docker and cloud experience (Windows/Linux)
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory (LDAP) and MS-SQL
- Plugin development experience
- Good understanding of Agile project and working with JIRA and Confluence
- Fully paid private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Phone interview
- Video interview (technical interview)