- Position: DevOps Engineer
- Location: 100% Remote or Krakow
- Industry: Fintech
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be in the right place at the right time? Yup, here and now it is! It is always an exciting moment to join a team of an experienced and growth-oriented team, but now the development part of the company is in the process of establishing in Krakow and it is gonna be awesome!
We are looking for DevOps Engineer to join a fintech US-based company – an online trading pioneer. They create tools to automate online trade execution services. Krakow will be a third development center alongside the US and UK offices. The company has 8 offices all around the world, e.g. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney.
- Applications: TeamCity, TFS, NuGet, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub, Visual Studio, and Bitbucket.
- Provide end-user support and implement change requests related to the above CI toolset.
- Perform system administration activities, including but not limited to upgrades, general (and plugin) maintenance, performance fine-tuning, ad hoc refinements, resource clean-up, system-level configuration, daily checks, plugin Proof of Concept, smoke testing, and maintain CI/CD test environments.
- Maintain and improve our build system and continuous integration processes and CI/CD pipeline as part of long-running projects
- Ability to work with small cross-functional teams on the design, build and test of new features and products.
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several concurrent commitments
- Work as an evangelist and enabler ensuring best practices and policy adoption and advocacy across the organization
- Concisely document admin instructions, user guides, and policies in Confluence
- Previous history (2-3 years) of system administration, configuration, and support for CI/CD tools
- A solid mastery of Build and Release pipeline with TeamCity (or Jenkins), Git, MSBuild, Visual Studio, and .NET
- Ability to investigate and resolve multi-faceted build issues in Teamcity in a timely manner. You must have a proven record and provide pertinent examples. This will be part of your daily task to service user requests to resolve TeamCity build issues mainly related to .NET
- Previous system-level experience for troubleshooting, installation, and upgrade tools and solutions like Bitbucket
- Experienced in Version Control Systems (VCS) such as Git (GitHub/Bitbucket) and TFS or equivalent
- Experience with using packaging tools such as NuGet, Paket, NPM, Maven, or similar
- Previous experience using package management solutions such as Artifactory, Nexus, or equivalent
- Proven experience with static analysis tools e.g. SonarQube, Coverity, or equivalent
- Ability to work with scripting languages for build and automation using PowerShell and Groovy (highly desirable)
- TeamCity RESTful API knowledge and experience (and other tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD best practices and methodologies.
- Strong troubleshooting on Windows Server environment and critical thinking skills
- Driven to take ownership of projects, tasks, and processes. Desire to learn and acquire new skillsets
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Forward-thinking, self-starter, and work independently
- Time management, organizational skills, and ability to service multiple user requests in an efficient manner