- Position: DB2 LUW Database Administrator
- Location: Krakow
- Salary: Regular up to 17K UoP only
Imagine being part of the revolution, part of what is beyond retail, media and social. Now it is your chance! We are looking for a DB2 LUW Database Administrator to join the most exciting project in Krakow. Their mission is to bring customer experience to a very another level. Personalization of the content is a key to be number one in video commerce, e-commerce and mobile commerce nowadays. Most of their business is in the US right now (that is why they have over 500 tech people on board there). They have offices in China, Japan, UK, Italy, Germany and right now in Krakow, Poland.
You will be:
- Design Infrastructure, build, test, secure and tune highly available Db2 LUW 11.5 pureScale database in Azure using automation.
- Implement monitoring and alerting.
- Implement infrastructure changes to achieve optimum performance and availability of DB2 database for a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) application.
- Resolve technical incidents, and provide root cause analysis, recommending prevention of future occurrences, providing descriptive and timely updates.
- Follow change and incident management processes.
- Verify adequate capacity exists to meet anticipated workload requirements, make recommendations to improve the environment, as necessary.
- Create and edit documentation, procedures and architectural diagrams.
- Participate in projects, work with a project team and proactively communicate status to the project or delivery manager.
What should you have:
- Experience working in a corporate environment with mission-critical production business systems that operate under high transaction rate on large data volumes.
- Experience working with tight project schedules for installing, monitoring, patching and troubleshooting hardware, software, and applications running in a highly virtualized cloud environment.
- Experience with RedHat.
- Experience with backups, point in time recoveries and Disaster Recovery.
- Deep knowledge of DB2 best practices for configuration, security, performance and availability
- Experience with global support.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Ability to work individually as well as within a team
- As required, work any shift/extended shift and participate in an on-call support rotation
- 3-5 years of experience in DB2 and other DBA related skills
- 3 years of experience on DB2 LUW DBA
What will you get in return:
- Attractive salary
- Multicafeteria membership
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours