- Position: Cloud Operations Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Methodology: SCRUM
Something huge is being built in Katowice. One of the global top 10 IT companies is expanding a team of developers in Katowice, and you can be a part of it!
They are specializing in a wide range of activities, such as manufacturing, mechanics, simulation software. In a word: an engineering paradise! 😊
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer that will join Cloud Services Team. You will be working with FS Developers to provide services that enable the delivery of SaaS products and cloud-connected products to customers. You will have an impact on the design, analysis, development, and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale cloud production systems and event-driven, cloud-based services
- 3+ years of experience in system administration, application development, infrastructure development, or related areas
- 3+ years of experience with AWS- required or GCP, Azure,
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with programming in Java
- Cloud database operations and deployment experience (RDS/PostgreSQL, Document Dbs), caching operations & deployment experience (Memcache, Redis)
- Understand and use Microservice architecture, including Containerization, Docker
- Versatility with troubleshooting of diverse sets of hosting technologies is strongly desired. These include web server platforms, application platforms, operating systems, network components, virtualization technologies, storage, and database platforms
- Expertise with cloud- continuous-deployment- based software development lifecycles (e.g., CI/CD), is a plus
- Expertise with Lean/Agile deployment processes (Blue/Green, ZDT, Canary, load balancers/DNS strategies A/B test, feature flagging methodologies)
- Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems
- Ability to design and manage escalation response plans from monitoring, reacting, responding, remediating, and retrospect in culturally aligned (proactive, customer-focused, collaborative, data-driven) ways
- Ability to work independently without supervision
Would be a plus:
- Container Orchestration Frameworks like Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.
- GitLab based CI/CD
- Hands-on design, analysis, development, and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale cloud production systems and event-driven, cloud-based services
- Building CI/CD pipelines and deployment strategies for container-based cloud deployments
- Ownership of reliability, uptime, system security, cost, operations, capacity, and performance-analysis
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given application services
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
- Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes to improve the visibility of our applications’ performance and business metrics and keep operational workload in check.
- Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develop, communicate, collaborate, and monitor standard processes to promote the long-term health and sustainability of operational development tasks.
- Training budget
- Life insurance
- Medical package
- Possibility of working remotely
- Retirement plan (PPK)
- increased tax deductible costs