- Type of contract: B2B
- Salary: up to 7k $ (paid in $$)
- Working model: fully remote
Our client is a young startup with a vision to become the commerce and financial technology backbone of the construction industry in the US. Founded by serial entrepreneurs with exits to Fortune 500 companies they build a world-class team with a mission to digitize and democratize construction material purchasing. This is a unique opportunity to join the ground level an industry-transforming company.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer with experience in building high-performance micro-services and APIs. This job is for someone that cares about building large, scalable, performant production systems running on modern cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- You are excited about startups and new products
- You enjoy building systems from the ground up
- You realize that products are built iteratively and specs evolve with customer feedback
- You care about system and code design: well-architected code is easier to understand, refactor, evolve, and inherit
- You enjoy building highly scalable and low latency systems
- You care about products that have a massive economic impact and have an interest in FinTech
What we look for:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5+ years of hands-on experience in Go, Java, Scala, or C++.
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience with microservices, distributed systems, data serialization protocols (protobufs), stream processing (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Flexible time off
- Equity awards (after working for at least 3 month)
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Swanky new work laptop
- Work headphones reimbursement