Job Title: Associate Manager
Client: American Automotive Company
Leads and supervises a team of software development professionals; provides leadership, coaching and training to associates; provides guidance and suggests solutions to issues that may arise affecting product requirements, features and/or enhancements; drives continuous improvement. Conducts formal performance evaluations and solicits peer review feedback. Interfaces with external and internal clients to fully understand business requirements and implement technology solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Supervises team members, driving departmental procedures and processes. Motivates and coaches staff to continual success; identifies and removes obstacles for teams and individuals.
- Leads and supervises work of assigned team; assigns tasks and follows-up on work performed. Communicates relevant information, coaching for maximum effectiveness.
- Manages performance objectives with associates and prepares performance reviews; develops and trains staff. Provides ongoing feedback and coaching for associates.
- Hires staff and manages staff performance. Rewards and recognizes team members as appropriate. Assists managers in budgetary activities.
- Serves as primary liaison between Development and other company departments to support specific product lines.
- Oversees development activities of projects including but not limited to identifying resource requirements, managing multiple concurrent related activities, suspending/resuming activities as priorities shift, and quantifying risk when contingency planning is needed.
- Provides timely feedback on project-related tasks and issues to management after identifying the root cause of issues; communicates directives to prevent the same, or similar issues from occurring in the future. Takes initiative and continuously seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Understands requirements and business workflows for assigned products, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Coordinates moderately complex project activities including a design, implementation, and maintenance of multiple products
- Participates in presentations, technical demonstrations, and other client-interaction activities in support of products assigned.
- Works effectively with peers as well as other associates to align activities and people across multiple initiatives. Capable of proactively identifying and tackling issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
In addition to the education outlined above, an ideal candidate will have prior leadership experience of up to three (3) years with software development teams. May require experience with Microsoft, Java, or other specialties, depending on company application. Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus; with the ability to promote adaptive planning, evolutionary development, and delivery. Able to work well independently by prioritizing tasks and deliverables, yet has the ability to provide guidance to those on the team; identifies and resolves ongoing issues for direct reports. Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and provide technical solutions through strong problem-solving skills. Proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, as well as people leadership ability. Experience in the automotive industry a plus.
Training and Development opportunities
APPLY FOR THIS JOB